WELCOME TO OUR BLOG
- The Top Three Mistakes Healthcare Providers Make with Medical Billing April 26, 2018 Healthcare Revenue Services
It’s 2018, and cutting-edge tech is commonplace in the healthcare industry. Nowhere is this more evident than when it comes to medical billing. What would once take doctors and administrative staff hours and hours of diligent transcribing can now be done with a couple of clicks. Even better, medical billing can sometimes be ... Continue Reading
- How Doctors are Using EHR to Fight the Opioid Crisis April 19, 2018 Healthcare Revenue Services
The national opioid crisis has reached epidemic proportions. The crisis has been spurred by easily-accessible drugs, an increased reliance on pharmaceuticals to treat pain and unhealthy lifestyles, and a regional economic downturn in some areas of America.
Today, opioids now account for 42,000 deaths in America every year, and it’s been ... Continue Reading
- Is the Physician Shortage Real? April 13, 2018 Healthcare Revenue Services
In the world of medicine, this is a topic that’s often brought up in clinics, over lunches, and even in professional meetings. The population of America is rapidly aging – and many agencies have predicted that there will be a significant shortage of physicians in the near future. The AAMC, for example, Continue Reading
- What You Need To Know About The Future of Medical Regulations April 12, 2018 Healthcare Revenue Services
The world of medicine is one of new ideas, constant change, and innovation. However, medical breakthroughs are often restricted by governmental regulations. While strong regulations and patient protections are a good thing, these regulations can often be difficult to deal with and hard to predict.
Enter the future of medical regulations: ... Continue Reading
- The Best Ways to Improve Your Patient Revenues March 30, 2018 Healthcare Revenue Services
Slow revenue turnover can be a big problem for clinical practices of all sizes. The world of medical billing is complex, expensive, and slow. So, how can you improve patient revenues and ensure you get paid on time? That’s where our medical billing services become a lifesaver!
- Medical Coding for Doctors 101 March 25, 2018 Healthcare Revenue Services
Despite the fact that it’s used to bill patients for most services, many doctors are not familiar with the basics of E/M coding. This can lead to patient-over or under billing, inaccurate revenues, and lost profits. Thankfully, Health Revenue Services is here to make medical coding simple. In ... Continue Reading
- The Biggest Signs That You Need A New EHR March 21, 2018 Healthcare Revenue Services
Electronic health records are digital versions of a patient’s medical history and, as just about any medical professional under the sun can tell you, they can cause some serious operational issues.
- The Top Six Reasons Doctors Get Sued for Malpractice March 19, 2018 Healthcare Revenue Services
Statistically speaking, medical malpractice suits are down. There were 15,000 paid medical malpractice claims in 2003, but there were just 8,600 in 2015. That being said, the cost of medical malpractice cases is quite high, ringing in at $3 billion in 2012.
- What makes a Good Physician ? September 20, 2017 Healthcare Revenue Services
By: Renee Subaran
Medical training demands that doctors master at least the basics of a host of scientific disciplines—anatomy, pharmacology, molecular biology, computer science, epidemiology, nutrition and diet, psychology, and so on. At the same time, they are asked to be insurance specialists, ... Continue Reading
- 2018 ICD-10 Updates — Oct. 1st: Are You Ready? September 15, 2017 Healthcare Revenue Services
It’s that time of year again! You know, the time when you have had an amazing summer, you feel refreshed and ready to get back to the coding and billing quagmire, to just be faced with the dreaded October 1st diagnosis coding update. ... Continue Reading