WELCOME TO OUR BLOG
- The Top Six Reasons Doctors Get Sued for Malpractice March 19, 2018 Healthcare Revenue Services
Statistically speaking, medical malpractice suits are down. There were 15,000 paid medical malpractice claims in 2003, but there were just 8,600 in 2015. That being said, the cost of medical malpractice cases is quite high, ringing in at $3 billion in 2012.
- What makes a Good Physician ? September 20, 2017 Healthcare Revenue Services
By: Renee Subaran
Medical training demands that doctors master at least the basics of a host of scientific disciplines—anatomy, pharmacology, molecular biology, computer science, epidemiology, nutrition and diet, psychology, and so on. At the same time, they are asked to be insurance specialists, ... Continue Reading
- 2018 ICD-10 Updates — Oct. 1st: Are You Ready? September 15, 2017 Healthcare Revenue Services
It’s that time of year again! You know, the time when you have had an amazing summer, you feel refreshed and ready to get back to the coding and billing quagmire, to just be faced with the dreaded October 1st diagnosis coding update. ... Continue Reading
- Physicians and the CMS-855 Forms, HRS Can HELP September 15, 2017 Healthcare Revenue Services
It’s that time again for most providers to revalidate your CMS contracts.
– What does CMS really want to know about physician practices to enroll?
– Why do physicians and practitioners have to concern themselves with multiple forms?
– What is this revalidation program?
– What ... Continue Reading
- How Physicians Improve their HCC codes September 1, 2017 Healthcare Revenue Services
The stakes are particularly high for physicians caring for patients enrolled in Medicare managed care plans. The changes currently taking place with respect to data collection, coding, and billing are some of the most significant transformations in the history of the ... Continue Reading
- Do ACOs really help Physicians and Patients? September 1, 2017 Healthcare Revenue Services
The United States spends much more on healthcare than any other country, without necessarily improving the quality of care or patient outcomes. Accountable care organizations (ACOs) have been created to improve patient care, enhance population health, and reduce costs. Medicare in ... Continue Reading
- Why Physicians are Outsourcing Billing to India August 31, 2017 Healthcare Revenue Services
As long as we live in the United States, we understand the theme of capitalism. Most big businesses outsource in order to pay employees less money for doing the same work. “To each his own”, as the pros and cons should ... Continue Reading
- Could Lunch be a the Gateway to Physician Meetings? August 30, 2017 Healthcare Revenue Services
As a marketer, I speak with office administrators and physicians daily and when it comes to time management, most meetings must be scheduled during lunch. Dr. John G. Scott, assistant professor of family medicine at the University of Medicine and Dentistry ... Continue Reading
- Physicians are becoming more Reluctant with In-House Billing August 30, 2017 Healthcare Revenue Services
In order for a medical practice to thrive, physicians must ensure that they are using the best HER system to accurately code and send out claims to insurance. A lot of physicians, log this information with the system provided by the ... Continue Reading
- The Best States to Open a Physician Practice August 29, 2017 Healthcare Revenue Services
There are a plethora of objectives that factor into starting a Medical practice. Location is crucial as it paints the demographics for potential patients and revenue. As a Florida resident, I can tell you that this state has a large Senior ... Continue Reading