Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) has launched a Quality Payment Program (QPP) Service Center at no-cost to eligible clinicians. This service center is an on-demand technical assistance and educational resource that provides access to QPP tools and resources, telephonic telephone assistance and email support. For more information visit: www.hsag.com/QPP
HSAG is also hosting Learning Forum Fridays. Virtually network with other healthcare professionals to prepare for your MIPS data submission, adopt best practices to avoid the negative payment adjustment and identify successful strategies to improving quality care for your patients. For topics and registration information please visit: www.hsag.com/LFF
The call center and processing staff has received numerous calls inquiring about the status of applications. Please know the processing staff is reviewing applications as quickly as possible. After the March 31, 2017 deadline, over 2,200 applications were in the queue for processing. Of those applications, more than 700 were submitted in the final two weeks of March.
Please note that applications are processed in the order they are received. If you have received a request from a processor regarding your application, it is important you respond as promptly as possible. If you do not understand what is being asked, please reach out for clarification. Thank you for your patience during this process.
CMS Announces Program Changes
On August 2, 2017, CMS finalized the “Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 Medicare Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) and Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTCH) Prospective Payment System” rule. Within this rule, there were several changes to the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program to be effective October 1, 2017. These changes include:
Program Year 2017
· All EPs will be allowed to use a 90-day reporting period for CQMs (regardless of the submission method).
· EPs will report any 6 CQMs relevant to their scope of practice.
· No longer required to report 9 CQMs across 3 domains.
· Number of available CQMs reduced from 64 to 53.
Program Year 2018
· All EPs will be allows to use a 90-day EHR reporting period.
· Flexibility to use 2014-certified edition or 2015-certified edition or combination of 2014 edition and 2015 edition.
· EPs will have the option to attest to Modified Stage 2 or Stage 3 objectives as long as the EHR technology (2014, 2015, or combo) can support the objectives and measures to which they attest